Food Quality

From NutriWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Question

Can you really eat 'anything' that fits your macros?

Short Answer

Your diet should consist of 80% minimally processed, whole, & nutritious foods, while the other 20% should really just come from junk foods that you crave/enjoy/want.

Long Answer

This answer was best summarized by Alan Aragon:

A balanced diet is key to a healthy life. Your diet should consist of:

  • 70% Whole & minimally processed foods that you love the taste of
  • 10% Whole & minimally processed foods that are neutral to your taste
  • 10% Questionable/semi-junkfood you love the taste of
  • 10% Blatant junk food you love the taste of[1]

References

  1. Interview with Athletic IQ, Jun 2015, Alan Aragon